|Rescue:||Husky Rescue Ireland|
|Time on PetMatch:||4 months|
|Country of Origin:||Ireland|
ENQUIRE ABOUT ME
More about Bear
This beautiful Akita has been shown lots of love on Facebook, Instagram & TikTok but he’s still here😞, the likes are great but they are no good to him unless someone takes the time to apply and come adopt him, he needs his Forever Home.🏡💔
Bear is a 6 year old gentle giant and will need an owner with previous Akita experience because he is independent, confident and likes to do things his way.🙈
He is very friendly, has a great personality and knows how to wind everyone up when he’s out in the play areas – he’s a typical Akita, he has selective hearing!😁
Bear loves being in the company of people, he will be best suited as an only dog in a home with no children. We don’t know if he has any experience with cats.
He is a great walker and has no issues on his lead.🐾
If you have had Akitas in the past or are familiar with the breed, come get Bear, give him his fresh start at life.💫
PM to apply or find out more.💌
The type of home Bear is looking for...
Fully secure garden
No other dogs
Somebody home all/most of day
Charity Number: 20150983
Supply of Pets Registration Number: 20150983
Adoption Fee: €200
1. We will send you an adoption application form to complete.
2. You must be 18 or over to apply for adoption.
3. If all the information looks positive, we will organise a homecheck.
4. You need to have a secure garden – fully fenced with a minimum of 6ft fence/wall all around (5ft for an Akita), with nothing around the perimeter that the dogs can catapult off.
If you don’t have a secure garden, a purpose built dog pen of good size, attached to your house, is an alternate solution.
5. If you have any other pets, they need to be neutered/spayed.
6. Sleeping quarters – they need to live indoors with their family.
7. They require exercise daily – 1 to 2 hrs.
8. They can’t be left alone for long periods – 2 to 4 hours max.
9. No electric collars to be used ever! They are not to be tied up on long leads or wire outside and no electric fences in the garden.
10. If applying for a husky, they are never to be let off lead – they have a high prey drive and will not come back!
Enquire about Bear
We would recommend providing more detailed information to the rescue where possible to enable them to best evaluate your enquiry for suitability. You can also save this information in your profile to simplify completion of the form.