About Husky Rescue Ireland
Husky Rescue Ireland (HRI) was set up to alleviate the suffering caused to Huskies by irresponsible ownership, abuse and neglect in Ireland. Due to the increase in Akitas needing homes recently and lack of rescue space, we also dedicate our time rehoming them. HRI also aims to reduce the social impact of abandoned and un-neutered Huskies & Akitas in communities around Ireland.
Some of the key objectives of HRI are to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome healthy neutered dogs responsibly and to educate and provide support to the general public on responsible dog ownership and dog welfare. HRI aim to achieve the this through forging strong relationships with pounds and rescues throughout Ireland.
HRI will also provide each dog with high quality healthcare, training and ensure their basic needs are met. There are several beneficiaries to the work that HRI do, these include: the dogs themselves, state funded pounds throughout Ireland, new and potential owners through ongoing support.
Adoption InformationAdoption Fee: €200
1. We will send you an adoption application form to complete.
2. You must be 18 or over to apply for adoption.
3. If all the information looks positive, we will organise a homecheck.
4. You need to have a secure garden – fully fenced with a minimum of 6ft fence/wall all around (5ft for an Akita), with nothing around the perimeter that the dogs can catapult off.
If you don’t have a secure garden, a purpose built dog pen of good size, attached to your house, is an alternate solution.
5. If you have any other pets, they need to be neutered/spayed.
6. Sleeping quarters – they need to live indoors with their family.
7. They require exercise daily – 1 to 2 hrs.
8. They can’t be left alone for long periods – 2 to 4 hours max.
9. No electric collars to be used ever! They are not to be tied up on long leads or wire outside and no electric fences in the garden.
10. If applying for a husky, they are never to be let off lead – they have a high prey drive and will not come back!