The DSPCA was established over 180 years ago in 1840. Over the years we have grown to be the leading and largest animal welfare charity in Ireland. We exist uniquely to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome the sick, injured and cruelly treated animals. We work 365 days a year with a team of dedicated full time staff and volunteers so that we help save lives everyday.
Adoption InformationAdoption Fee: The adoption fee for a dog is €185 and the adoption fee for a cat is €99. This includes: Microchipping - Your pet will be microchipped and the microchip will be registered Neutering - Your pet will be neutered Flea and worming - Your pet will be up to date with flea and worming treatments Vaccinations - Your pet will receive its’ primary vaccinations
Dog Adoption Process:
- Register your interest for a dog and then visit the shelter to chat with a member of the adoptions team.
- If you applied for a specific dog and your application is successful an adoption consultant will discuss in more detail with you on your visit to the shelter. If you have an existing dog an appointment will be made for a dog meet.
- Once your application is processed and approved a foster period may be arranged with you to take the dog home for a weeks trial. Photo ID, proof of address is required for this along with a refundable reservation donation.
- When the foster week is complete you must attend an adoption meeting with a member of the adoptions team. They are held on set days and by appointment only.
Cat Adoption Process:
- Register your interest for a cat you’d like to adopt. If your application is successful an adoption consultant will call you.
- An appointment will be arranged for you to complete the adoption process.