|Breed:||Border Collie Cross|
|Colour:||BLACK/WHITE & MERLE|
|Rescue:||Husky Rescue Ireland|
|Time on PetMatch:||2 months|
|Country of Origin:||Ireland|
ENQUIRE ABOUT ME
More about RIO
This 10 month old Merle Collie/Rottweiler/Akita boy is in need of his new home as soon as possible.<br />
He's a fantastic friendly and affectionate young dog who is at a vulnerable age and if rehomed now and given the attention he needs, he'll be the best pet ever.<br />
Rio is very energetic and very smart so he'll need a combination of physical exercise and training to keep him stimulated.<br />
He might be able to live with another female, it depends on how they would get along at a Meet & Greet. He has been around cats and aside from being put out that they won't play with him, he's been ok but proper introductions would still need to be done if he moved in with any. <br />
Rio might be able to live with a dog savvy family but his breed mix should be taken into consideration if you are interested in applying.<br />
If you have the space, the experience and would like to give Rio his Forever Home, please send us a message.
Requires some training
The type of home RIO is looking for...
Fully secure garden
No children < 12
Charity Number: 20150983
Supply of Pets Registration Number: 20150983
Adoption Fee: €200
1. We will send you an adoption application form to complete.
2. You must be 18 or over to apply for adoption.
3. If all the information looks positive, we will organise a homecheck.
4. You need to have a secure garden – fully fenced with a minimum of 6ft fence/wall all around (5ft for an Akita), with nothing around the perimeter that the dogs can catapult off.
If you don’t have a secure garden, a purpose built dog pen of good size, attached to your house, is an alternate solution.
5. If you have any other pets, they need to be neutered/spayed.
6. Sleeping quarters – they need to live indoors with their family.
7. They require exercise daily – 1 to 2 hrs.
8. They can’t be left alone for long periods – 2 to 4 hours max.
9. No electric collars to be used ever! They are not to be tied up on long leads or wire outside and no electric fences in the garden.
10. If applying for a husky, they are never to be let off lead – they have a high prey drive and will not come back!
Enquire about RIO
We would recommend providing more detailed information to the rescue where possible to enable them to best evaluate your enquiry for suitability. You can also save this information in your profile to simplify completion of the form.