|Colour:||Black & White|
|Time on PetMatch:||4 months|
|Country of Origin:||Ireland|
ENQUIRE ABOUT ME
More about Remy (18519)
1.5 year old Remy is best suited to a home with children 13+.
Remy arrived into our care in late October after he was found as a stray. He was very stressed and confused when he first arrived and it took time for him to settle into shelter life.
During his time under our care he has spent time in a foster home at Christmas and had a great time. His foster family brought him on lots of hikes which he adored. He loves the outdoors and being active. At the end of an active day Remy enjoys lots of cuddles before he curls up for bedtime. Here's what his foster family had to say about their special Christmas guest;
"We enjoyed having Remy around for Christmas as he is such a lovable boy. We absolutely adore him! He was great and clean in the house happily spending the night from the last toilet break at 11pm until 9am and without any accidents. At night time he respected to stay outside of certain areas in the house even though doors were kept open.
He is very clever and within this short time we managed to work on some commands that he already seemed to know and also taught him some new tricks (spin & hop/jump over obstacles such as fallen trees or into the boot of the car). He was a perfect hiking companion and we enjoyed loads of walks in the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains. He also travelled well in the car. I can imagine he would also be very good at agility. He is a very active dog but he also enjoys and needs loads of cuddles. He is very affectionate and can actually be rather demanding for his cuddles. He walks very well on the lead, listening to 'stay' and 'go' commands. He can get excited and frustrated on walks when he sees some dogs"
Remy is incredibly intelligent and needs a family who will make sure to give him lots of physical and mental exercise. Remy does bark and react to other dogs but he has responded very well to training and is so much better now. Is muzzle trained so he can enjoy his adventures without any stress. He knows that muzzle time is fun time! Is there someone out there looking for hiking buddy and a loyal companion to chill out in the evenings with?
Remy (18519) is...
Requires some training
The type of home Remy (18519) is looking for...
Fully secure garden
No children < 12
No other dogs
Somebody home all/most of day
Charity Number: 20001735
Supply of Pets Registration Number:
Adoption Fee: The adoption fee for a dog is €185 and the adoption fee for a cat is €99. This includes: Microchipping - Your pet will be microchipped and the microchip will be registered Neutering - Your pet will be neutered Flea and worming - Your pet will be up to date with flea and worming treatments Vaccinations - Your pet will receive its’ primary vaccinations
Dog Adoption Process:
- Register your interest for a dog and then visit the shelter to chat with a member of the adoptions team.
- If you applied for a specific dog and your application is successful an adoption consultant will discuss in more detail with you on your visit to the shelter. If you have an existing dog an appointment will be made for a dog meet.
- Once your application is processed and approved a foster period may be arranged with you to take the dog home for a weeks trial. Photo ID, proof of address is required for this along with a refundable reservation donation.
- When the foster week is complete you must attend an adoption meeting with a member of the adoptions team. They are held on set days and by appointment only.
Cat Adoption Process:
- Register your interest for a cat you’d like to adopt. If your application is successful an adoption consultant will call you.
- An appointment will be arranged for you to complete the adoption process.
Enquire about Remy (18519)
We would recommend providing more detailed information to the rescue where possible to enable them to best evaluate your enquiry for suitability. You can also save this information in your profile to simplify completion of the form.