|Time on PetMatch:||4 weeks|
|Country of Origin:||Ireland|
ENQUIRE ABOUT ME
More about Forest
1 year old Forest is best suited to live with children 16+.
Back in early December we received a call about a stray dog. We had no idea about what condition the dog would be in and it was heartbreaking to see a dog in such an awful state. Poor Forest was shut down and very underweight. (see his before photos). The bone on his tail was exposed and it was extremely sore. It took time for little Forest to settle in as he was so nervous but over time we could see a sparkle in his eye.
He was looked after so well by a whole team of people who care so much about animals and over the last few months Forest has turned into a wonderful loving dog. He had to have surgery to remove part of his tail but there’s still a little one that he can wag!
He adores being with people and never misses out on the opportunity to give you a cuddle. He spent time in a foster home over the Christmas and they said he was a couch potato and just as we suspected a cuddle monster. At only a year old Forest has gone through a lot in life and we hope there is someone out there who will show him that life can be and will be full of love and cuddles.
The type of home Forest is looking for...
Fully secure garden
No children < 12
Charity Number: 20001735
Supply of Pets Registration Number:
Adoption Fee: The adoption fee for a dog is €185 and the adoption fee for a cat is €99. This includes: Microchipping - Your pet will be microchipped and the microchip will be registered Neutering - Your pet will be neutered Flea and worming - Your pet will be up to date with flea and worming treatments Vaccinations - Your pet will receive its’ primary vaccinations
Dog Adoption Process:
- Register your interest for a dog and then visit the shelter to chat with a member of the adoptions team.
- If you applied for a specific dog and your application is successful an adoption consultant will discuss in more detail with you on your visit to the shelter. If you have an existing dog an appointment will be made for a dog meet.
- Once your application is processed and approved a foster period may be arranged with you to take the dog home for a weeks trial. Photo ID, proof of address is required for this along with a refundable reservation donation.
- When the foster week is complete you must attend an adoption meeting with a member of the adoptions team. They are held on set days and by appointment only.
Cat Adoption Process:
- Register your interest for a cat you’d like to adopt. If your application is successful an adoption consultant will call you.
- An appointment will be arranged for you to complete the adoption process.
Enquire about Forest
We would recommend providing more detailed information to the rescue where possible to enable them to best evaluate your enquiry for suitability. You can also save this information in your profile to simplify completion of the form.